I’m curious…what motivates you? I know what motivates me and what has motivated me in the past. Oddly enough, the motivators change from time to time.
- There was a time when an emotional appeal would motivate me.
- Then there was the time when a profanity shouting Drill Sergeant motivated me.
- There was that period when I was motivated by the stipend.
- I was once motivated by promises, which usually turned out to be empty, so this phase didn’t last long.
- And I found myself motivated by stuff. Weekly excursions to StuffMart to get more stuff so I could add it to the stuff I got the week before and the stuff I had in storage.
As time has skoodled on the motivators had evolved, devolved, changed, shifted, grew, sprouted, pick what you want. What is it that gets you moving, thinking, pondering, contemplating? What gets your blood pumping? What gets your goosebumps goosing?
I have discovered that if my intellect is stimulated and intrigued, I am motivated to think. To ponder. To contemplate. Hence, I turned to books.
Music also moves me to motivation. Not just any music. When I am feeling depressed or lethargic, I find motivation in music.
Music makes me think, helps me dream, helps me learn! So do books! So do people!
What makes your thoughts bongle about like an electric eel?