WOW! Work has kept me incredibly busy, but since I LOVE my job, I don’t mind at all. One thing I’ve learned is that “free time” tends to let my mind wander into things that should probably best be unwandered.
Last time I had a physical, I found it quite disconcerting that the physician seemed to want to carry on a conversation whilst poking about my bits. Perhaps it’s just because I’m an introvert, or perhaps I’d rather this part of the exam be done quickly, quietly, and with as little eye-contact or discussion as possible.
I thoroughly enjoy Shark Week, but have been curious why people would want to see how much annoying a shark will stand before it decides to bite. Actually this goes for all dangerous critters. Why would you want to aggravate a beastie just to piss it off?
Part of my job is listening to people and offering counsel. I would like to point out that it is extremely frustrating, not to mention very rude, to repeat the same issue to me over and over hoping I will offer you the counsel you want to hear. If you’ve already decided what you want to hear…we shouldn’t be talking.
Coffee is wonderful. Yep, that pretty much says it all.
Just a bit of “common sense”:
- If you want exceptional customer service, BE an exceptional customer!
- If you see me reading, please do not take that as an invitation to conversation. If I wanted to talk, I wouldn’t be reading.
- Accept that people are different, as a result, people think differently. With me so far? This means there is usually more than one way to accomplish something other than just your method.
- If you have any question as to whether the milk has soured, it’s best to go ahead and not drink it.
- Not everyone likes onions.
- While we’re on the subject, not everyone wants to hear your cellphone conversation.
- Life is short. Don’t let things go unsaid, hugs go unshared, or love go unexpressed.
- That rattling noise you hear are the other thoughts tumbling about in my cranium. I couldn’t catch them today.