Why are we wasting so much time and energy looking for reasons to be offended? Why are we burning up so much of our limited time on this orb being offended (with the marching and the shouting and the rioting and the burning and the general mayhem with accompanying chaos)?
- People get offended because of a flag.
- People get offended by the people who are offended by a flag.
- People are offended by something their ancestors endured.
- People are offended by those who are offended by something their ancestors endured.
- People are offended because they are expected to follow the law.
- People are offended because those enforcing the law didn’t bring them warm milk and cookies and coddle them.
- People get offended because someone said a word.
- People get offended because they think they have every right to be offensive.
We waste SO MUCH of our lives either offending or being offended and being angry about it! Can ANYONE change history? NOPE! Can anyone change their skin pigmentation? Possibly, but at great financial expense. Can anyone un-say anything they have said? Nope! Can anyone undo what has been done? Nope.
People yell, shout, scream, and demand “justice” when they really want revenge! People yell, scream, shout, and demand “equality” and “unity” yet they are not willing to stop being divisive.
Let’s be honest: the life is NOT fair! Never has been and never will be. We are divided because we CHOOSE to be divisive! If we want to be a united culture then we have got to stop being divisive and start being courteous and respectful toward each other. We have got to learn to let go of the things we cannot change.
We can only move forward from THIS point in time! We cannot move forward if we continue to focus on what’s behind us. Learn from history, learn that cooperation DOES work, and learn to move forward in cooperation!
Think about this: If you take 10 people and give each of them $1M. Within three generations, at least half of them will be broke (or in debt). And about 1% will be the wealthiest among the group (by fair means or foul). Why? Because we focus more on the MONEY instead of the PEOPLE!
But that’s just my two cents worth.
And, by the way, I am offended that the symbol for cents is not found on my computer keyboard while the $ symbol is very clearly placed.